Thursday, January 21, 2010

Skiing Whispering Jesse

Nan and John skiing Whispering Jesse at SnowmassYesterday, I took the day off from work and skied at Snowmass with Nan, her brother Pat and Pat's son Aaron. Pat and Aaron were visiting from Wisconsin for a ski trip. In a few quick days, they skied with Nan at Powderhorn, Aspen Highlands, Aspen Mountain and Snowmass. The conditions have not been great this season, but Pat and Aaron seemed happy just to be skiing bigger terrain than what is available in the Midwest.

I don't know why I never thought of it before, but I don't have any photos of the ski run that shares its name with this blog, Whispering Jesse. Pat had his camera so I suggested that we swing by the run, which is located at the eastern edge of the Big Burn. It is one of my favorites, a rolling cruiser through glades of spruce trees. As I mentioned way back when, in "Where the name comes from", I'm sure Whispering Jesse the ski run influenced John Denver when he wrote his song of the same name. It definitely influenced me when I started this blog and chose a name for the sailboat I hope to own someday.

No comments: